Complexity and Networks
This is a MSc course that has been given for the first year in Groningen in February - March 2017. The course gives an overview of topics on Complexity and Networks. In the first part, consisting of four lectures, we discuss synchronization and the stability of synchronized solutions for systems connected in a network. The topics are:
- Mean field approach to the Kuramoto model
- Linear stability of the incoherent state in the Kuramoto model
- Ott-Antonsen ansatz in the Kuramoto model
- Graph Laplacian
- Diffusion process in a network
- Master stability function
- Analysis of a model for circadian rhythms
More information about the course, including the other 3 parts, is available on Ocasys.
The slides for the 4 lectures are available through the following links. The slides are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA-3.0).
- The Kuramoto model - Part I
- The Kuramoto model - Part II
- Graph Laplacian and Master Stability Function
- Circadian rhythms